Mobile Communications and Computing Engineering.
The Mobile Computing and Communications Engineering Department was established in 2017 for the growing market need amidst the constant modernization of the technology utilization of mobile phone applications to databases, the various types of technology and communications and the increasing demand for specialists in the private and government sectors in the field of Mobile Computing and Communications Engineering.
The department adopts a research plan that simulates modern developments and new horizons in the field of Mobile Computing and Communications Engineering. Specialized laboratories have been established with the latest advanced scientific equipment to keep up with the development and deepen the practical aspect of theoretical materials.
The Department is keen on the continuous renewal of the teaching methods and the Department's students are encouraged to develop through the adoption of scientific and cultural activities.
The Department also follows the direction of the College and the University to take the necessary steps to implement its academic programs and meet the requirements of quality and scientific confidentiality in accordance with the instructions and outputs of the American organization ABET.
Our vision is that the Mobile Computing and Communications Engineering Department in the near future will be the leading engineering departments locally, regionally and internationally by providing a high quality educational system.
The graduation of skilled and innovative engineering staff required in the labor market with self-motivation and ethical professional values that enable them to research and develop and keep pace with the technology in order to serve the community.
- Work on to have the graduate student skills and knowledge required to design mobile communications systems
- The graduate student should be able to adapt to different work environments through affirmative action within multidisciplinary teams.
- The student should be able to integrate academic knowledge with field practice in order to develop the engineering profession.
- The student should be able to continue to develop his knowledge and skills for life and to benefit from every new in the field of competence.
Job Description of Graduates of the Department
- Admission to study in the department on the program bachelor degree is for high school certificate holders of the branches (scientific, applied, and biological) according to the system of central acceptance of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- A bachelor's degree in mobile computing and communications engineering is granted to the graduate after successfully completing (140) one hundred and forty quarterly units taught by the student in (4) four years of study and with two semesters per year. Courses include mandatory and optional courses.
- The study in the department qualifies the graduate to work in private and government sectors and according to the field of specialization in terms of communications engineering, such as the installation and management of mobile towers and management of computer networks and the design of websites and the design of mobile applications where the graduate is familiar with the aspects of design and processing of computers and microprocessor and automation units and the distribution of wireless towers and self-monitoring to possess a solid scientific and knowledge base enabling him to pursue his higher academic studies.
Fields of Work:
Graduates can work in one of the following areas of work:
- Telecom and mobile phone operators.
- Management of computer networks.
- Automation systems and the Internet.
- Mobile computing and Internet of Things.
- Design software and applications for mobile phones and websites.
- Wireless planning of wireless and mobile networks (RF Planning).
The department has a number of specialized laboratories in the field of mobile computing and communications engineering
1- Analog communication lab.
2- Mobile Communications Laboratory.
3- Computer lab.
4- Network Lab.
5- Antennas Laboratory.
6- Mobile Applications Laboratory.
In addition, there are basic and important laboratories, such as the electrical circuit laboratory and the logic laboratory.
The Department organizes a number of PhD and M.Sc. faculty in communications, computers and information technology.
Mobile Communications and Computing Engineering Program:
Mobile Communications and Computing Engineering Program (Propose for 2019-2020):
Logo of the Department:
Specifications of the Department of Communication Engineering and Mobile Computing:
1. The logo consists of the large circle that represents the University of Information Technology and Communications and embraces the Faculty of Engineering, which represents the small circle and derived the circular shape of the logo from the university and college logo.
2. The internal circle of the Logo contains the name of the department in Arabic and English and the abbreviation of the name of the Department (MCCE) and the date of its establishment (2017).
3. The inner circle of the logo interacts with the distinctive icon of an open book as a sign of knowledge, which includes two important symbols representing the students graduating from this section.
• The first symbol (Communications Tower) symbolizes the acquisition of a graduate of mobile communications engineering sciences that contribute to the provision of technology for social communication and exchange of information among people, where communications plays a key role in various fields and at all levels, including government, personal, family, or Business sectors, as well as their role in promoting participation and development, particularly in communities with limited geographic and economic resources.
• The second code (mobile phone) indicates the ability of graduates of this section to create new applications for mobile phones and tablets, which can be used in a wide range of business, such as banking, shopping, electronic commerce, sports news and blogging and others.
• The third and final code (cloud), which represents cloud computing, refers to computer systems that can provide a number of integrated computer services that are connected to computer networks
4. Use the blue color in the logo because it is a favorite color of human as the color of nature i.e. the sky, the seas and the oceans. It indicates peace and serenity, reduces stress and creates a sense of calm and order.